Leap Forward is a heart-led interdisciplinary group of ordinary people from around the globe on a mission to be the change we want to see in the world and reveal humanity’s extraordinary.
We are aligned by Shared Values
Imagine going to sleep at night feeling peaceful and connected. Imagine waking up in the morning feeling you are not alone; you are a valued member of a community where you can be completely yourself; a community that has your back, that cares about your growth and well being, that empowers and roots for you. This is only possible when people decide to commit themselves to living an authentic and inter-connected life.
A community is as strong as the trust that exists between its members. In our Leap Forward community, members know that they are safe and feel deeply cared for. We are committed to living Shared Values, to realize a shared vision and to be consistently reliable and accountable to ourselves and each other. As we interact with integrity to our values, we come to trust each other in ways that promote creativity, respect, generosity, love and a sense of deep interdependence. We become collectively much stronger than any of us would be independently.
Below are the values we have co-created, and are holding ourselves and each other accountable to living them in every moment. We have undertaken the deep work of coming to know what each Value means and how it guides us in every moment of life in a variety of situations. We give each other permission to interrupt and reflect us when we our actions are out of alignment. We are committed to helping each other align with them even when it’s challenging, painful, or inconvenient.
We offer this as a practice for any community who is looking to create an interdependent loving space for each other.
- Humility: The soil/ground upon which we walk. I am a drop in the ocean of time, a piece of the vastness; I learn and align my actions with Nature’s rules that govern this vastness. I come from inquiry, listening, and discovery of what wants to emerge. I am humble with my expectations of what impact I/we may have (if any) on this world. “I did not design this planet; my responsibility is to discover how I can best serve the fabric of life and show up.”
- Caring: Caring for my own, each other’s and our planet’s overall wellbeing, which includes service, compassion, generosity, patience, kindness. We are all one – love made visible through action.
- Conscious Communication: I commit to showing up with self-awareness; hearing and feeling the person I am with; communicate authentically, constructively with clarity, and care; keeping my eyes on the big picture.
- Integrated Cooperation: Through caring and conscious communication, I choose to work with a diverse group of people with the knowledge of the magic we can co-create when we work together. I appreciate that by cooperating with others, I will deepen my self-awareness; discover and respect each other’s feelings, needs, talents, weaknesses, and gifts - our Divine spark. Implicit within is the integration of our diversity: age, race, religion, socioeconomic levels, and differing views/perspectives/disciplines.
- Co-evolution: Commitment to my own growth and the growth of whomever I am interacting with; revealing my own and each other’s Divine creative impulse. An appreciation that the only way we can really re-pattern and grow is in the context of relationships and interdependence. Our growth depends on reflecting each other in our daily lives - we need each other. Whoever we are interacting with at any given moment is our partner in co-evolution.
- Integrity: Integrity means wholeness. The way I do anything is the way I do everything. Commitment to live moment to moment aligned with integrity to all our values. Showing up with these values, consistently will help me become an integrated whole.